Browning Around

Tuesday, September 16, 2014


28 weeks

With the cooler temps that seemed to come out of nowhere, I was neither mentally nor maternity prepared. For the last few weeks I've been stretching out the dwindling pieces of my wardrobe that still fit and dreading the days of shopping for items to cover this bump. From what little I've searched, affordable maternity wear stinks. Empire waists, bows, and a sea of solid colors have to be one of the most depressing things I've ever encountered fashion-wise. My last shopping trip ended in sheer frustration at the lack of options and the feeling that everything made me look more ginormous than reality. Other than a few shorts and one pair of jeans, I was able to make it through most of summer with roomy dresses and sizing up in normal clothes. But at seven and a half months, it's high time to bite the bullet.  Luckily, preggo leggings got me off to a great start and was kind enough to send me a stylish pair of their pants in chocolate brown, otherwise I'd have been freezing my patootie off after a 40 degree drop from last week! These leggings are comfy, cute and most of all, versatile, a major requirement for my maternity purchases. Perfect for pregnancy!





I call this the "yep, my toes are still there" pose. 

Hat - Goorin (similar) / Leggings - c/o preggo leggings  / Top - Ruby Moon / Scarf - Urban Outfitters (seen here) / Shoes - American Eagle Outfitters (similar)



1 comment:

You want to leave a comment? How very sweet of you!